Some common pitfalls to look out for when hiring freelance Confinement Nannies
Selection of Nannies based on Friends’ or Relatives’ Recommendations
When choosing a confinement nanny, our advice to clients is to go with a licensed Confinement Nanny agency instead of going with freelance nannies through recommendations to avoid disappointment. Due to uncertain delivery dates, the nanny of your choice may be occupied with another household or if the nanny happens to feel unwell at that time.
Your Nanny does not Turn Up
Booking based on promises without deposit does not guarantee the required commitment. The freelance confinement nanny can decide not to turn up upon baby’s birth.
In the worst-case scenario, the freelance confinement is offered a higher rate and she decides to drop you without informing you. In some cases, she may still be tied up with another assignment and is not free to attend to you.
In such instances, parents have to start searching frantically for another confinement nanny at the last minute.
Your Deposit is not Guaranteed
Poor Working Attitude
Other Risk Factors
- if she falls sick
- if she needs to leave due to personal reasons
- if she has an attitude problem
- if she can’t get along with your other family members
- if she secretly smokes in your home
- if she wants to borrow money on her second day of work
- if she did not perform to your expectations
- if she is not happy due to your expectations and wants to demand more money
Penalties for Offenders
Don’t be caught off guard…for Peace Of Mind Call Us for a Free Consultation.